Effective date: January 1, 2017.
Welcome to Tag A Cat (“Tag A Cat,” “we,” “us” or “our”). Tag A Cat provides a fast, beautiful and fun way for you to share media through our content-sharing platform. Just snap a photo add comments (if you like) and share!
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users“).
Click on the links below to jump to each section of this Policy:
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Sharing of Your Information
- How We Store Your Information
- Your Choices About Your Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Other Websites and Services
- How to Contact Us About a Deceased User
- How to Contact Us
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an Tag A Cat account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, birthdate, gender, location). This information allows us to help you or others be “found” on Tag A Cat and for statistic purposes.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Tag A Cat. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Instagram.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other’s APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the Tag A Cat application on your device Tag A Cat or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities (“Events”) on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag or geotag) associated with that Event.
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Tag A Cat (or the group of companies of which Tag A Cat is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data (such as usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.), with organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Instances where we may be required to share your information:
Tag A Cat will disclose your information where required to do so by law or by judicial process or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement
- protect the security or integrity of our Service
- exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Instagram, our Users or others
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Tag A Cat, a company in the same group of companies as Tag A Cat or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Tag A Cat may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Tag A Cat cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Tag A Cat or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Tag A Cat, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Tag A cat make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Tag A Cat may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
Tag A Cat does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
In the event of the death of an Tag A Cat User, please contact us. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.